Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Finally! He is Here

And doing wonderfully! I went in at 5:30 am. They got me changed and hooked up to the monitors. I signed all the paperwork. They put the IV in me and started the pitocine by 6:30. At 8:00 my Dr came in and checked me. I was at 4cm and about 80% effaced. So she broke my water for me at 8:30, since it hadn't gone by itself. Contractions started getting worse after that. I asked them to put me in line for the epidural right away, because I knew I would want it, and last time I had to wait a long time because he was doing two other emergency c-sections. He got in there at around 9:30. I was dilated to 5 cm, still at 80%. He hit a nerve on the way in and it sent a really sharp pain down my left leg. He got the procedure done by 9:30 but he messed it up. It was only working on my left side. So my left side went numb and I couldn't even move it. It felt like it weighed a ton. I couldn't even bend my toes. So I could only feel half of my contractions. That was an odd experience. They had me lay on my right side to try to get some of the medication to go to that side too. It took a while but eventually both sides were feeling exactly the same. They came in to check me at 10:30 and I was up to 7cm. But the baby was still pretty high. So the sat my bed up for me. Since I had no control over the bottom half of my body I kept leaning to my left. LOL I had to use my hands to move myself over. At around 11:15 the nurse came in and asked how I was doing. I told her that the contractions were feeling completely different now. I could feel the baby really low and it felt like he was trying to come out now. So she checked me, had me do a trial push and called the Dr. I was completely dilated, 100% thinned out and baby was engaged. It was time. It took a while for the Dr to get there. What seemed like for ever! But it wasn't really that long.The Dr finally got there and I started pushing. She made laugh during every contraction. LOL There was a Hurricane threat, Hurricaine Ike. So when he started turning she called him Ike. LOL I couldn't help but laugh at what ever she said. I don't remember it all. So it took me four or five contractions to get him out. Not bad at all! He was born on Sept 9th at 12:01 pm. He weighed 7lbs 13oz, and was 21 1/4 inches long. He's my biggest boy. Christian was 7lb 12oz and 20 1/2 inches. And Kaleb was 6lbs, 11oz and 19 inches long. Also Keegan is the shortest labor I had.

No comments: