Tuesday, June 3, 2008

An Outlet of My Thoughts

I woke up early this morning thinking about an old friend of my moms, Marsha. I hadn't even thought about contacting her before this morning. I feel bad for forgetting. So this morning I called my grandpa to see if her number was in my moms address book. It wasn't though. And all of her calls had been erased from her phone. So I did a search on Google. But I couldn't find anything. So I called my grandpa back to see if I was spelling the last name right. Well, I wasn't! What do you know. So I re-searched for her and found her number and address of her work place. I guess she owns it, or at least runs it. So I called her there. I think that one day I want to talk to her more about my mom and dad. Marsha and her husband were real good friends of both of my parents. They were around when my dad died and I was just 2 yrs old. Marsha said that my mom had called her around Mother's Day weekend. She said she told her that she had cancer and had just found out. Knowing my mother, I'm sure she did tell her that. But also knowing my mom, I'm not sure weather to believe this to be true or not. She always told me and my sister different things about her health. Cancer was one of them at one time. But then she also denied it many times. So that brings up a whole new set of questions. What exactly did she have wrong with her? As soon as we are able to get the death certificate I will be going to get her medical records. But there is a 4-6 week waiting period for the certificate. And it's a 15 day process to get the records from the hospital. With as many times as she has been in there, there is sure to be a lot of pages. And at $1.35 per page I'm sure it's going to cost a lot. But that's OK. That's at least 1 1/2 months from now, if not two. I have been wanting to do that for a long time now anyways. I was just never able to.

One other thing that was kind of strange is that Marsha told me that she never agreed with what my mother did. I'm not sure what that means. I'm sure it has something to do with my mom and dad splitting up and probably something to do with him killing himself. So one day I may have to go visit her and have a long chat. I have always been very curious about that time in my life. I would love to know more about my dad too. And they were very close to him. I wonder if they have any pictures of my mom and dad? I am big on pictures. Especially old ones of family.

No comments: