Thursday, July 16, 2009

Change Can Be Good

I'm finally getting the hang of cloth diapering and I am starting to venture out and try new things. For instance, I just got some prefolds in a trade. So I am going to try them. I use AIOs(All-In-Ones), Pockets, and fitteds right now. With so many kinds of diapers out there it's overwhelming at times. So I haven't even tried switching detergents since ours has been working fine so far. The only thing I don't like about it is that I have to run the rinse cycle 3 more times after I wash them. That seams like a waste of electricity to me. Not to mention the water. Right now I use Purex Free & Clear. Mostly because it's the only one I can find locally that is safe for use on cloth diapers. I often visit The Natural Baby Company to look around. I keep eyeing a few things there. But the next thing I want to try is the Tiny Bubbles Laundry Detergent. It's completely phosphate free and biodegradable. It's also a low residue detergent. So maybe that will help me cute out some of those rinse cycles.

No comments: