Saturday, September 8, 2007

Baby Blanket

I finished my baby blanket. Well it's not for me, I just wish it was! I really like how it striped itself. Any ways this is a blanket for a lady in my mother's group. Her baby shower is this Wednesday. Which is also our "International Crochet Day" for those of you that may not know. I actually only worked on this one for four days. Even though it took me a week to finish. I just didn't have time to crochet every day, or all day long. If you have one kid in school and one toddler at home, then you know what I mean. You crochet during naps, when they take one, and after they go to bed. And you might be able to sneak in a row or two while watching TV with
them, if you are lucky.
Well here it is. It's 34x35. I'm not sure I like the square shape of it, but it will have to do. I don't have the money to buy more yarn right now. That's why I have an afghan, only half way finished, sitting on my couch. I used JoAnn's Sensations ~ Rainbow Boucle. It's the pattern from Lion Brands website, the Four and a half Hour Afghan. I used one strand of yarn and a size K hook. I did make it longer since the yarn, and hook size is smaller. It's very simple and quick to make. But that's why I love it. I am a simple type of person. Here's a close-up of the stitches too.

1 comment:

Allyson said...

Melissa,

I LOVE your blanket! The striping effect is too cool! Great job!

Allyson